XBox One provides features to stream media from your PC and to enjoy the media on common entertainment box i.e. XBox. Below are simple instructions to setup the streaming of media contents from PC to XBox one, along with solution for one commonly faced problem. Hope it will help.
Note: Instructions are given considering window 7 PC.
On XBox One:
- Make sure that Xbox One is connected to your home network, either via wired or wireless connection.
- Download the ‘Media Player’ app from Xbox Store. This will help you to explore the media on PC remotely.
- Go to into the “Preferences” option through the user settings menu. Make sure that the “PlayTo” streaming option is checked.
- Switch over to your PC.
- Go to Start menu and click on “Devices and Printers”.
- Use ‘Add a device’ and add Xbox one as one Device.
- Open Window Media Player
- Go to ‘Stream’ menu and enable the ‘Allow Remote Control of my Player’ and ‘Automatically Allow Devices to play my Media’ options.